About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

LEMON PIE CAKE

Today is Barbara Hughes Cuthbertson's birthday. Barbara and I go back as far as the cradle together. We lived just a piece down the road from each other in Newland, NC, and went through elementary and high school together. She is jolly as an elf, beautiful, and a dear friend. I wish for her a most wonderful day and all of the happiness that life can offer her. This luscious lemon cake is for you Barbara. Enjoy!
1 pkg. lemon cake mix
4 eggs
1 (15oz.) can lemon pie filling
1 (3oz.) pkg. softened cream cheese
1 stick butter, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
In mixing bowl, beat cake mix and eggs until blended. Fold in pie filling. Spread into a greased 15X10-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done. Cool completely.
In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and confectioners sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla, spread over cake. Store in refrigerator or freezer. It is best served cold.
"No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth."~Robert Southey

No comments:

Post a Comment