About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

FLORENCE WEATHERMAN'S PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE

Florence Weatherman made the best peanut butter fudge that you ever put in your mouth. She was an oil customer of Larry's and she would often give him a bag of this fudge when he made a delivery to her. She sent me the recipe one day and I tried to make it several times but mine never tasted like hers. She is no longer with us but her memory stays on with all of us who were lucky enough to have known her. She was a sweet, kind, gentle lady. She was Louise Stamey's mother, and Hardrock and Rita's grandmother. I know they miss her, and it has to be especially hard for them this time of year during the holidays. Rita recently told me that none of them could make her candy taste as good as hers did. To me, the reason for this would be the love that she put into it for all of her family and friends to enjoy. I am posting it here just as she had written it out.                                                        

2 cups sugar (I use 1 1/2 cups white and 1/2 cup brown sugars)
1/2 cup milk or canned milk
Boil until a drop forms a soft boil when put in cold water. Take off stove and let sit until partly cool. Add: 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 tsp. vanilla and beat until smooth. Pour into buttered pan and cut into squares.

“[In tribute to his grandmother] She still talks to me now, only now she talks to me in my dreams. And I can't wait to go to sleep tonight because we have a lot to talk about. I love you.”~Jamie Foxx

1 comment:

  1. I just now made this and tweaked it a little. Added some butter and marshmallows to it. I then topped it with a layer of chocolate fudge. :) Thank You Adele.

    ReplyDelete