About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2009

AMAZING BLEU CHEESE APPETIZER

This appetizer is literally 'to die for' if you are a fan of bleu cheese. It is one of my most requested recipes and the combination of ingredients will set your taste buds to dancing.
This post is for my good friend, Sue Weed, of Linville and Greensboro. She is a caterer extraordinaire and I could learn a lot from her. Enjoy Sue!
12 oz. bleu cheese
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup chopped red onion
1 cup minced fresh cilantro
Crumble the bleu cheese evenly over the bottom of a tart or other suitable dish. Whisk the garlic and olive oil together and drizzle over the cheese.
Combine remaining ingredients and spread over the cheese mixture. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Serve with tart apple slices and wheat biscuit crackers.
Yield: 10 servings
"People who know nothing about cheeses reel away from Camembert, Roquefort, and Stilton because the plebeian proboscis is not equipped to differentiate between the sordid and the sublime."
Harvey Day

No comments:

Post a Comment