About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

CHOCOLATE SNOW BALLS

Here's a Christmas treat that would be fun to make with your little ones. Mix up the dough, it only takes a few minutes, then let them roll into balls. Bake them, then the little elves can roll them in powdered sugar. Make gift bags out of them, and let the children hand them out to friends and family who drop by. It will give them the gift of accomplishment and sharing.

Cream 1 1/4 cups butter with 2/3 cup granulated sugar until fluffy. Add 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 cups sifted flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup cocoa, and 2 cups chopped pecans. Mix thoroughly. Refrigerate 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form dough into 1-inch balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Cool on wire racks; roll in powdered sugar.
Makes 6 dozen.

" Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall."~Larry Wilde,

No comments:

Post a Comment