About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

EGGNOG POUND CAKE

Whew!! Just got this out of the oven and the smell of it has made me dizzy, not to mention the taste. It is out of this world. This was my first attempt at this particular recipe and I am rating it right up at the top with all of my other pound cake recipes. You cannot go wrong with this one.
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup commercial diary eggnog
1 cup flaked coconut
1 tsp. lemon extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract

Cream butter, shortening and sugar, beating well at medium speed of electric stand mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add flour to creamed mixture, alternately with eggnog, beginning and ending with flour. Mix just until blended after each addition. Stir in coconut and flavorings by hand with wooden spoon.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.

"A compromise is the art of dividing a cake in such a way that everyone believes he has the biggest piece"~Ludwig Erhard

No comments:

Post a Comment