About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES (Posted by Morgana MacLeod) for recipe contest)

You were asking for recipes the other day.. finally dug this one out. I have a ton of them. It would take me a year to send them all to you.

Stuffed Grape Leaves

1 qt. grape leaves in brine
1 lb ground beef
1/4 c uncooked rice
salt and pepper to taste
1 med. onion chopped
1 clove minced garlic
1 TB. minced parsley
1/2 tsp. dry mint
1TB fresh lemon juice
1 TB honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 c. beef broth
2 TB olive oil
Place 1 TB olive oil in skillett and saute onion and garlic until golden. Add meat, rice, honey, lemon and seasoning and herbs. Remove leaves from jar and rinse under running water in collander. Dry and seperate leaves. Place small amount of meat mixture in leaf, fold ends in and roll. Arrange in layers in skillet. Add stock Cover and simmer 45 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment