About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SHRIMP CREOLE

One of my most requested recipes, this spicy shrimp dish struts its stuff in the crock-pot, making it extra easy on the cook. Serve over rice with a side salad.

1 1/2 cups chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup diced green pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28oz.) can diced tomatoes
16oz. tomato sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 bay leaves
3 to 6 drops Tabasco sauce
1 lb. fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined

Combine all ingredients in Crock-Pot except shrimp. Stir to blend well. Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or 3 to 4 on HIGH. During last hour add shrimp and turn to HIGH. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Serve over rice.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks delicious,I have never had shrimp creole. :)

    ReplyDelete