About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

CRABMEAT REMICK

The Remick Sauce rings my bell, particularly when it is served with bacon over fresh lump crabmeat.

REMICK SAUCE:

1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cups mayonnaise
5 tablespoons chili sauce
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Dissolve the dry mustard in the white wine; set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Slowly add the wine-mustard mixture, whisking constantly. Set aside.

CRABMEAT

4 tablespoons chopped shallots
1 stick butter
2 lbs. fresh lump crabmeat
sea salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
1 cup white wine

Saute the shallots for 30 seconds in the butter. Season with the salt and pepper to taste, heat through. Add the wine and quickly evaporate.

To serve: transfer the crabmeat mixture to an au gratin dish. Top with 2 cups of the Remick Sauce and sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped, cooked bacon. Plavce under the broiler for 2 minutes.

Alternately, divide the mixture between 8 scallop shells or individual ramekins, top with sauce and bacon and broil.
Serves 8

"I never met crabmeat that I didn't like!"~Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment