About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

CHICKEN O-PORTO (Submitted by Kent Roberts for the Recipe Contest)

1/2 c. butter
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, thin sliced
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/3 tsp. ground nutmeg
4 med. whole chicken breasts, skinned and boned
1 1/2 c. heavy or whipping cream
1/2 c. white port wine


1. In a deep skillet over medium high heat, in hot butter saute mushrooms till lite brown. Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon to bowl. Set aside.

2. In plastic bag, combine flour, salt, white pepper, and nutmeg. Coat chicken breasts by tossing in closed bag. In same skillet, in remaining butter, over medium high heat, cook chicken until brown.

3. Deglaze pan with the port then add cream, and mushrooms, heat until boiling. Reduce heat to low; and simmer until chicken is fork tender and the cream sauce thickens

No comments:

Post a Comment