About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

FAST CLAM CHOWDER

The term chowder originates from the French word chaudiere, a cauldron in which fishermen prepared their stews using freshly caught seafood.

1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/3 cups evaporated milk
1 (10oz.) can cream of potato soup, undiluted
1 (6oz.) can minced clams, undrained

Saute onion in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until onion is tender. Add milk and remaining ingredients, stirring until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Yield: 4 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment