About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

CHUCK WILKERSON'S VENISON JERKY

Here it is...I promised it and now I am delivering it...my special friend and neighbor, Chuck Wilkerson, the Music Man, makes the best jerky from venison meat and I am so happy to be able to share it here with you. Chuck is a 'one man band' and plays at different places across the High Country of North Carolina. He will be playing this Saturday night at 'Carolina Barbecue' in Newland, NC.; so if you get the chance, go out and see him. You will be glad you did. Thank you Chuck for this wonderful recipe and for doing everything you do for us...he is also a very smart handy man.

1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 lb. lean, thinly sliced, back strips of tenderlion venison

Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over venison in large bowl. Marinate for at least a day in refrigerator, then dehydrate for 6 to 8 hours until of desired consistency. We like ours not to tough, but chewy tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment