About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

PORKYPINE BALLS (Submitted by Lou Grimm) for the Recipe Contest

JUST AS IF YOU WERE MAKING A MEATLOAF….How many porkypine balls depends on how many people you want to serve. (your decision on the size of the balls as well)

1 ½ lb ground round beef
2 eggs
1 pkg of onion soup mix
½ green pepper, chopped
1 small can tomato sauce
Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup rice ( or 1 pkg of boil-in-bag rice)
2 tablespoons Heinz 57 sauce

Mix all ingredients together well. Separate into balls. (size is your choice) With your thumb, indent each ball & place shredded mozzarella cheese in, then close up. Place balls in a large pot. Pour tomato sauce (2 large cans) & ½ of a can of water over balls. Cook over med. heat, covered, for 1 ½ to 2 hrs. Stir occasionally. Great with potato salad and green beans, or serve over cooked egg noodles or any pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment