About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

CAMEMBERT and PEAR SALAD

This is one of my favorite salads. Camembert cheese gets tossed with honey Dijon dressing and honey roasted peanuts, then baked until soft. Very yummy over salad greens when served with pears.

2 (1-oz.) wedges Camembert cheese
3 tablespoons honey Dijon dressing, divided
2 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts, finely chopped
mixed baby salad greens
1/2 medium pear, cut into 8 slices

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In small zipper bag, toss cheese wedges with 1 teaspoon dressing and peanuts; shake to coat cheese with the peanuts. Place cheese on ungreased baking sheet. Reserve any peanuts still remaining in bag. Bake cheese about 8 minutes, or until skightly softened.

In a bowl, toss greens with remaining dressing and reserved peanuts. Divide evenly between 2 salad plates. Arrange 4 pear slices on each salad, then top each with warm cheese wedge.
Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment