About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

OVEN-ROASTED BACON-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS

Sinful is what I call these bundles of spring time pleasure. Enjoy paired next to beef tenderloin or a leg of lamb with rosemary roasted potatoes.

2 lbs. small asparagus spears, ends trimmed with vegetable parer
1 lb. good bacon
1/2 cup brown sugar/Splenda blend
1 stick butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Divide the asparagus into 12 bundles. Wrap one slice of bacon around the center of each bundle, slightly overlapping as you go from about an inch from the bottom of the tips, secure with a toothpick. Place in a baking dish.

Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour over the asparagus and roast in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the asparagus begins to weep and the bacon is cooked.

Remove the toothpicks before serving. Serves 6 (2 bundles per serving)

No comments:

Post a Comment