About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

VIDALIA ONION SOUFFLE

I think the title speaks for itself. It is a 'most requested' recipe.

2 tablespoons butter
4 cups chopped Vidalia onion
2 cups fresh bread cubes
1 (12oz.) can evaporated milk (can use fat-free)
3 big eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and saute 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Put in a large bowl with bread cubes. Stir in milk, eggs, 1 cup cheese, and salt. Pour into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart souffle or baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until set.
Serves: 8

“The onion and its satin wrappings is among the most beautiful of vegetables and is the only one that represents the essence of things. It can be said to have a soul.”~
Charles Dudley Warner, My Summer in a Garden (1871)

No comments:

Post a Comment