About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

McENTIRE RANCH MOUNTAIN OYSTERS

This recipe came from Jackie and Clark McEntire, rodeo cowboy. He was the Pro Rodeo cowboy Association's world steer-roping champion in 1957, 1958, and 1961. He and wife Jackie are the parents of Alice Foran and of country singers Susie Luchsinger, Pake McEntire, and Reba McEntire.

1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup flour
light beer
salt and pepper
garlic powder
mountain oysters (fresh not frozen)
vegetable oil

Make the batter by combining the cornmeal, flour and beer. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Slice the oysters about 1/4-inch thick. Dip in the batter. Cook in hot oil until medium crisp. Best to serve hot. Enjoy!

"It ain't news. This is the West. When the legend becomes a fact, print the legend."~The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

No comments:

Post a Comment