About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE BREAKFAST BREAD

Addictive is the best word I can come up with for this yummiest of all chocolate breads!

HAZELNUT TOPPING:

1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
1/2 cup double chocolate chips (Ghirardelli)

Combine the sugar and the cinnamon. Add hazelnuts and chocolate chips.

BREAD:

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon each of baking powder and baking sodea
1/4 teaspon salt
1 cup sour cream (can use reduced fat)
1 teaspoon each of almond and vanilla extracts
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 big eggs, beaten

Sift the dry ingredients together. Combine the sour cream and flavorings, mixing well. Beat the butter and sugar together until nice and creamy. Add the eggs, mixing well. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream mixture to the creamed mixture, stirring well after each addition.

Spoon 1/2 of the batter into a greased 5X9-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the topping mixture. Top with the remaining batter and remaining topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until browned and the chocolate is melted. Cool in the pan for 15 to 20 minutes; remove from pan. Slice and serve warm for gooey bread or allow to stand at room temperature.

Yield: 1 loaf; 10 to 12 slices

"I do like little bit of butter to my bread."~A. A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment