About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

BLEU CHEESE BOW TIES WITH RED GRAPES AND TOASTED WALNUTS

Depending on your taste for bleu cheese, you can use more or less to suit yourself. This is a wonderful chilled salad which would be perfect for a brunch or luncheon.

8 oz. bow tie pasta, uncooked
3 cups red seedless grapes, halved
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup good bleu cheese, crumbled
1 clove garlic, mminced
sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted

Cook pasta to al dente; drain well. Rinse with cold water; drain. Combine with grapes through salt and pepper.

Whisk together mayonnaise and lemon juice; add to pasta mixture. Cover and chill at least 4 hours for flavors to blend. Add walnuts when ready to serve, tossing mixture well.

Serves: 6 to 8

"Rupert, is this bleu cheese, or is this cheese that's gone bleu?"

1 comment:

  1. I was looking all over for this!! THanks!!

    ReplyDelete