About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

BLEU CHEESE GRITS

A combination of creamy Baby Bleu Saga, a soft, mellow cheese, and the firmer regular blew cheese add an interesting flavor and texture to these 'not your ordinary grits.' Even non bleu lovers think its divine!

4 cups water
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspon each of salt and pepper
2 cups uncooked regular grits
1/2 stick butter
8oz. bleu cheese
6oz. Baby Bleu Saga cheese

Combine water, chicken broth, salt and pepper in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in grits and butter. Cook grits according to package directions, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses. Serve warm with country ham and sliced tomatoes.

Serves 8.

"Man is a mouse...running in and out of every hole in the cosmos hunting for the Absolute Cheese ."~Benjamin De Casseres

No comments:

Post a Comment