About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

PAN-FRIED TROUT WITH BACON

This is one of my all time favorite ways to cook trout.

6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons rinsed drained capers
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 1/2 tsp. dried
8 slices bacon
4 (8 to 10-oz.) trout fillets
salt & pepper to taste
flour

Heat 4 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Saute 1 1/4 cups of the green onions in the buter for 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, capers and tarragon. Remove from the heat. Cover to keep warm.

Fry the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove to a paper towel to drain, reserving the bacon dripings. Crumble the bacon and add to the green onion mixture.

Sprinkle the fillets with the salt and pepper. Coat with the flour. Drain all but 3 tablespoons of the reserved pan drippings. Heat over medium heat until the butter melts. Arrange 2 of the fillets skin side up in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, turn. Cook for 2 more minutes or until just opaque in the center. Remove to ovenproof serving plates. Keep warm in the oven. Repeat the process with remaining trout, adding 1 tablespoon unsalted butter to the skillet if needed. Reheat the green onion mixture if needed and spoon over the top of each serving. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining green onions.
Serves: 4

"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend."~Zenna Schaffer (I don't have a clue who this Zenna person is but let me just say I believe she is as sharp as a tack!)

No comments:

Post a Comment