About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

CARAMELIZED VIDALIA ONION BLT

Here is a sandwich that will literally knock your socks off! Caramelized onions, tomatoes, bacon, basil, Swiss cheese, lettuce...all on sourdough bread...my mouth is watering now...

2 tomatoes
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
8 sourdough bread slices, toasted
12 bacon slices, cooked
4 Swiss cheese slices
salt and pepper
4 lettuce leaves

Cut each tomato into 4 slices. Stir together mayonnaise and basil and spread on 1 side of each bread slice. Top 4 bread slices with 3 bacon slices, 2 tomato slices, and cheese. Top evenly with the caramelized onions; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top with lettuce leaves and remaining bread slices.

CARAMELIZED ONIONS

2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon bacon drippings
1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Melt butter with bacon drippings in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, salt and pepper; saute 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.

Yield: 4 servings

"Onions can make even heirs and widows weep."~Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment