About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

HOT-TO-TROT SHRIMP PUPPIES

In Loving Memory of Jaymason Andrew Fitts 6-9-07~7-27-10

You just have to know that good things are going to happen when you combine fresh shrimp with Mexican cornbread, cream-style corn, green onions and pickled jalapeno peppers....

1/2 pound medium-size fresh shrimp-cooked and chopped
1 (6 oz.) package Mexican corn bread mix
1/2 cup flour
1 (8 oz.) can cream-style corn
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 or 3 pickled jalapeno peppers-chopped

Combine cornbread mix and flour. Stir in remaining ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in shrimp. Drop batter by teaspoons into hot oil and fry in batches, 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.

4 months that seems like a lifetime ago...yet at the same time, it was only yesterday....Even hundredfold grief is divisible by love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment