About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

HUSH YOUR MOUTH NOW HONEY CORNBREAD OR ELSE

Or else what? Or else I am going to take you out to the woodpile and give you what you have been needing!

1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 stick melted butter
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with shortening. Place in the oven while you mix up the batter.

Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk together the buttermilk through butter in another bowl. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, just until moistened, add the cheese. Pour the batter into the hot pan, return to the oven, and bake 30 to 35 minutes until golden in color. Remove from the oven and brush the top with the honey. Cool for a few minutes then cut into wedges. Serves 10 to 12

"Cornbread are round...pie are square."~me

No comments:

Post a Comment