About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

MAMA JOE'S APPLE SNOW

Memories, sweet memories, flood my mind, for Apple Snow can take me back in time to a warm, cozy kitchen, 'twas a room chock-full-o-love, because it was looked over by the man up above. I can see her standing there now, my "Mama Joe," over that old wood stove, where a sweet cake of gingerbread emitted wonderful scents into every crook and cranny. No one, simply no one, could top off gingerbread like my granny.

3 large cooking apples
white of 1 big egg
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Wash and dry apples; prick them with a fork in a few places, and bake at 350 degrees until soft. Remove the skin, and run the pulp through a sieve. Beat the egg white to a froth; add sugar gradually; then add apple pulp and beat it all together until thoroughly mixed, light and soft. Serve over gingerbread.

"So few people have learned the art of collecting memories. They collect old china and prints and books...all good and pleasant, but fragile and perishable. Happy memories are indestructible possessions which nothing can take from us."~anon

2 comments:

  1. I love this and it is delicious over ginger bread.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this Foodista widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about Apple Snow, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete