About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

WHOLE WHEAT BANANA NUT BREAD

Here is a healthier version of the typical white flour, loaded with sugar and oil, banana bread. The best thing about it...you are not going to miss the old version...not one little bit!

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon each of baking powder, baking soda, and ground cinnamon
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
cooking spray
light whipped cream cheese
Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
Stir together bananas and next 4 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in walnuts.
Pour batter into a 9X5-inch loaf pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour until done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool completely.
If you wish, serve with light whipped cream cheese spread.
Yield: 10 servings

"I never met a banana nut bread that I did not like."~Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment