About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES

This yummy recipe ended up as dinner last night and it was divine! Add a side of mashed potatoes and a crusty baguette.

2 1-inch thick bone-in pork loin chops
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
olive oil & butter
1 Gala apple, sliced

Place saute pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Cook pork chops about 5 minutes on each side until golden. Remove from pan and add add apple slices, adding a little more butter to the pan if needed. Cook one side until golden and then turn and cook the other side. Serve next to the pork chops with mashed potatoes and a crusty bread.

“There is poetry in a pork chop to a hungry man.”~Philip Gibbs (NY Times 1951)



No comments:

Post a Comment