About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

CULINARY TIP OF THE DAY #7

 "My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn."~Louis Adamic...never heard this quote before but you have to love it!
I truly do love me some good honey...honey do this and honey do that...the best honey that I have found comes from Brunswick County on the coast of North Carolina and is made by a fellow by the name of John Smith. A reporter had written him up in the Brunswick Beacon, which we subscribe to, and my husband made a fuss about us obtaining some of this golden nectar. So on our next trip to the beach I called every John Smith in the phone book and at call # 8 I found the right one. It was during the winter and he told me to call him back in the Spring and that he would fix me up....I now have enough to last me for a spell.

And now to the tip...that is what you came looking for...Rub your spoon with butter before dipping it in the honey, it will slide right off. Unless of course you are like me and prefer to lick the spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment