About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

RED VELVET FUSION

Today is my good friend Eb Pope's birthday. Happy Birthday Eb! You are one of the dearest friends I have ever had and I want you to know how much I appreciate you, and what better way than with this fabulous fusion of red velvet cake. Enjoy your day...

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding, large
4 big eggs
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
2 bottles red food coloring
2 teaspoons cocoa
1/2 stick butter, softened
Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and beat until nice and smooth. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour half of batter into a 10-inch prepared bundt pan.
2 (8oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 big eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Confectioners' sugar for garnish
Combine cream cheese through vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly over the batter in pan. Top evenly with remaining cake batter. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes then invert to cool. Dust cooled cake with the confectioners' sugar. Serves 12 to 16
"A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails." ~Donna Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment