About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CHEDDAR MACARONI BEEF CASSEROLE

One of my favorite food magazines is Kraft's 'Food & Family'. Not only is it oriented around budget friendly meals but it also features recipes that are quick and simple to make. You can feed 4 people this dish with a side green salad for under $10.00. I fed it to 6 poker players last Friday night and there was none left and everybody was extremely happy.

1 pkg. (7 1/4 oz.) Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Rotel tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or basil
1/2 cup Kraft shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare Dinner in large pan as directed, omitting butter. Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add tomatoes and oregano; mix well. Bring to boil.
Add meat mixture to dinner; spoon into 9-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Serves 4

"For our first date, I made Ryan Hamburger Helper, which is basically what I grew up on. I make my own version of it now, with macaroni and cheese and hamburger meat. And the kids - it's their favorite dinner."~Reese Witherspoon

COOKS NOTE: Original recipe calls 1 can of Italian-style stewed tomatoes. I personally prefer Rotel Tomatoes with green chiles, which supplies some heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment