About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

EASY CRAB CAKES

Our friend Jimmy Hughes on his pier in the Inland Waterway at Holden's Beach checking the crab traps. Steamed crabs, crab cakes, crab bisque...

2 1/2 finely crushed potato chips
1 lb. lump crabmeat
1/3 cup tartar sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons butter, divided into 6 pieces
1 lemon, cut in wedges

Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a sheet of aluminum foil; set aside.
Place potato chips through pepper in a bowl, stirring just to combine. Shape mixture into 6 patties and place on baking sheet. Top each pattie with a pat of butter.
Broil until browned, 2 to 3 minutes, watch carefully. Serve with lemon wedges.

"why my good sir, this is a krabby patty, smothered in jellyfish jelly"~spongebob

No comments:

Post a Comment