About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

CULINARY TIP OF THE DAY #9

SOUP ACCOMPANIMENTS

CLEAR SOUPS: crisp crackers, cheese toast strips

CREAM SOUPS: cheese popcorn, seeded crackers, crushed pretzels, pickles, olives

CHOWDERS & MEAT SOUPS: Melba toast, oyster crackers, sour pickles, pickled okra, bread sticks, relishes, toasted garlic bread

EGG BALLS: Take the yolks of three hard boiled eggs, one teaspoonful of flour made smooth with the yolk of one raw egg, and one-half teaspoonful of salt. Mix and make into small balls and drop into boiling soup just before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment