About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

STEVEN MICHAEL MILLINGTON'S BETTER-THAN-THUMBPRINT COOKIES

Steven is one of my best buds on Facebook and he is all the time posting fabulous pictures of the food he cooks. He was very kind to share one of his favorite cookies with me and so I wanted to share it with you. Enjoy!
                                                                                                                            

Beat together until fluffy:
1 lb. butter~that would be 4 sticks~oh me oh my
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 teaspoon salt
Add:
4 cups of flour, 1/2 cup at a time until fully mixed in. Use a medium cookie scoop (heaping Tbsp. size) and place 9 to 10 of them on a cookie sheet with no oil on it. With a WET thumb wiggle the centers out and make a dip in them to allow for the jam...USE JAM...not jelly, and fill the divits...sprinkle with a contrasting color of sugar~ grape jam and hott pink sugar makes um' really sparkle and so delicious. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes depending on your oven, on the center rack...let them cool on the sheet for 2 to 3 minutes before removing...use a piece of waxed paper to finish cooling on. LET THEM SIT until all the way cool or they will taste like hot flour...when fully cooled (Steven says he prefers them the next day) the flour is undetectable and they are the 'flippin' bomb!
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit."~Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment