About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

SPICED COFFEE

Sugar and Spice and everything nice...a cup o' this Joe is just what the doctor ordered for a cold blustery day.
                                      
1/2 cup ground dark roast coffee
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
5 cups water
1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup chocolate syrup
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
sweetened whipped cream

Put coffee in coffee filter, add cinnamon and nutmeg, and brew. Combine brown sugar, chocolate syrup, and milk in heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Stir in coffee and vanilla. Serve immediately with a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle a little ground cinnamon over the top.
Yield: Over 6 cups

"Coffee played a big role in our life. The first thing you did in the morning was put on water, and the last thing you did at night was take off the pot."~Paul Prudhomme

No comments:

Post a Comment