About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

NANNIE'S STRAWBERRY JELL-O SALAD

My mother's sister, Nan Vance Hamwey, made this wonderful Jell-O salad for the holidays. It is one of my all time favorite dishes because it is so very refreshing and brings with it good memories of a special aunt.
2 small pkgs. strawberry Jell-O
1 1/2 cups boiling water
2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen strawberries
1 large can crushed pineapple
2 bananas, mashed
1 cup sour cream

Mix Jell-O and boiling water well. Add strawberries, pineapple with juice and bananas. Put half of mixture  in a mold or 9X10 dish; let congeal in refrigerator. Leave remaining Jell-O mixture at room temperature. When first layer is congealed, spread sour cream over it and then pour remainder of Jell-O over sour cream. Chill until set.

COOKS NOTE: Picture of falling strawberries uploaded from http://www.geekphilosopher.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment