About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

ORANGE NUT BALLS

Bite into one of these tasty little morsels and your taste buds will do the 'happy dance'! As my hero Justin Wilson use to say...'I gar-on-tee it. 

                                          
1 (12oz.) pkg. vanilla wafers, crushed ( I put them in a large zip-lock bag and beat them with my meat mallet)
1 (1 lb.) pkg. confectioners sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (6 oz.) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup flaked coconut
                                         
Mix the vanilla wafers, confectioners sugar and pecans in a bowl. Add the orange juice concentrate and butter. Stir until well mixed. Shape into bite-size balls. Spread the coconut on a plate. Roll the balls in the coconut. Store in an airtight container and chill until ready to serve.
Yield: 4 to 6 dozen depending on the size of the balls.

COOKS NOTE: Dip your hands in cold water now and then when rolling out these balls to prevent sticky fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment