About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

MASHED POTATO SALAD

In my time I have made many different types of potato salads. The old stand-by of boiled potatoes paired with mayonnaise, mustard, onions, pickles and boiled eggs...New potatoes with bacon, cheese, and Ranch dressing...Mustard potato salad which was my Aunt Nan's recipe that I have never been able to make taste like hers...that is just to name a few, but recently I ran up on this version in an old church cookbook and made a run of it and my husband Larry has given it his highest rating. It is delicious. Creamy..dreamy..and tasty as all get out...

Prepare a pot of mashed potatoes just like you always do adding milk, butter, salt and pepper. Add to this several globs of mayonnaise and  a healthy squirt of mustard. Chop up a dill pickle (or whatever pickle you have or like), some sweet onion, about 4 hot boiled eggs, and more salt and pepper to taste. Chill well in the fridge or just dig right in...

"I never met a potato salad that I did not like."~Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment