About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

MELTED BRIE with WINTER FRUIT

When I want to impress someone, I pull out this recipe. It is not only addictive to the palate, but it will be the most admired dish on your holiday table.
                                         
3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
1 small apple, cored and chopped
1 small firm pear, cored and chopped
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup apple juice or rose' wine
1 (16 oz.) wheel of Brie cheese, well chilled
thin slices of baguette or other similar bread

Combine the dates through wine in a bowl and allow to stand for 2 hours.

Place the Brie on a cutting board. Slice into halves horizontally. Place the bottom half cut side up in a shallow round 10-inch baking dish. Spread with 2 1/2 cups of the fruit mixture. Cover with the top half of the Brie, cut side down. Spoon the remaining fruit over the center of the Brie. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted at the edges and the center is warm. Place on a hot plate to keep warm. Spread on baguette slices to serve.
Serves 16

No comments:

Post a Comment