About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

CREAMIEST PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE EVER

This is the creamiest peanut butter fudge that I ever did have the pleasure of meeting up with. I took a whole plate of my homemade Christmas goodies to one of my neighbors and the lady of the house went right for the fudge. There were four pieces of fudge on the plate and after the first piece she took another, ate it, then took the third piece and was rolling her eyes around and uuhhing and aahhhing and then looked over at her husband who was watching her and said, "if you want that last piece you had better put it in your mouth." I wanted to roll on the floor laughing but I held my composure. So if you want to make someone happy who loves peanut butter fudge be sure and try this recipe. It is easy to make and a real keeper.
                 
2 1/2 sticks real butter (10 oz.)
1 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter
pinch of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted

Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and peanut butter together and when it comes to boil let it boil for 1 minute then remove from heat. Add salt and vanilla, stir in powdered sugar until smooth and fudge begins to leave the size of the pan. Pour into dish and smooth the top with the back of a wooden spoon. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly over the fudge and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour. Cut into squares and return to refrigerator to store. 

COOKS NOTE: Have all of the ingredients ready prior to making the fudge so that everything goes smooth as silk.

"I never met a peanut butter fudge I didn't like!"~Adele Forbes

10 comments:

  1. I was trying to remember how to make peanut butter fudge, haven't made it in too many years, found this, Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Stan....visit anytime..you just never know what you might here..try the Little Bits Of Sunshine...just type that into the search engine then click on search and scroll down..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leading me here and your comments on my blog! I love this fudge my son is a peanut butter aholic can't wait to try this! I agree its an honor to be in that roundup...thanks again! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going into kitchen and making this right now!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it Juls..going to put your picture up here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. First photo by Julianna Ge Mattice.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so honored...... Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How come I can't print this recipe??

    ReplyDelete
  9. This entire post absolutely ROCKS! Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It really shows. snow cone syrup concentrate

    ReplyDelete