About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

CHUTNEY CHEESE BALLS

I am rating this recipe as 1 of the top 5 appetizer recipes in my massive collection of appetizers. Run with it....don't be afraid....friends, relatives and clients have repeatedly requested it. Does that not speak for itself?

3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped raisins
1 cup chopped salted peanuts
8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, crumbled
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon curry powder
Major Grey Chutney
Flaked coconut
Finely chopped fresh parsley

Mix the cream cheese through curry powder together in a bowl. Shape into 2 balls and wrap each one individually in plastic wrap. Chill until firm. Unwrap and place on your prettiest serving plates. Top with chutney, coconut and parsley. Serve with crackers.

COOKS NOTE: These fabulous cheese balls may be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw for 3 hours prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment