About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

THE BEST GERMAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES EVER

It's poker night in Carey's Flat and tonight the game is at my house, that means I have been cooking because I like for who ever shows up to have something good to eat. I made a huge pot of my potato soup and added shredded cheddar and bacon to the finished product.

Next came my much admired German Chocolate Cupcakes which actually started out as my GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE FROM HELL....need i say more about that? I think not as they speak for themselves. This recipe stems from my 'making do with what I had.' Hang on tight because it is a wild ride!! And may the best WO-MAN win......
1 pkg. (18 oz.) German chocolate cake mix
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup water
3 big eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips
Combine cake mix through vanilla in mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer for a good 2 to 3 minutes until batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into paper-lined muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.

BUTTERSCOTCH COCONUT PECAN FROSTING

2 cups Smucker's Butterscotch Ice Cream Topping
2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
2 cups chopped pecans

Combine all ingredients and place a large glob on top of each cupcake.

Although the name would lead one to believe that the cake is of German origin, you may be surprised to know that the cake actually gets its name from the creator, Englishman Samuel German. The name, which was originally German's Chocolate cake, was reprinted with a typo, leaving out the 's, giving us the name we have today, German Chocolate Cake.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your german chocolate cake from hell turned into delicious cupcakes!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my southwestern eggrolls.
    Feel free to stop back by anytime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leslie for taking the time to visit and for commenting...I will be visiting your blog often...

    ReplyDelete