About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

ADELE'S 'KILLER' SWEET & SOUR BEAN SALAD

Here is yet another by-product of that journey I take to my pantry to find ingredients that sing out to me to 'pick them'. Yesterday the sing song came from cans of black beans, cannellini beans, and good old kernel corn. Visions of red, orange and yellow bell peppers in my fridge called out to me along with Zima brand 'Seriously Sweet' tiny yellow tomatoes. A quick whisk of oils, sugar and apple cider vinegar took the shape of a quick, simple, and oh so delicious dressing.
The rest as 'they' say is history.

My husband came in the door after I had finished putting it all together and his nose tracked him straight for the kitchen to ask "what on earth is that smell?" He has always been a sucker for anything sweet & and sour!
Place in a large bowl 1 (15 oz.) can each of black beans, cannellini beans and kernel corn; all rinsed and drained well, separately. Add 1/4 each of a red, yellow, and orange bell pepper which has been finely diced;  and about a dozen or so of halved Zima Seriously Sweet little orange tomatoes (or other grape-style tomatoes).

In a separate bowl whisk together 1/4 cup each of canola oil and extra-virgin fruity olive oil and 1/2 cup each of sugar or Splenda and apple cider vinegar. Pour over bean mixture, mix well, then place in fridge to chill well.
About 8 cups....has not lasted long here in squaller.....

"Adele, that is killer, that is the best thing that you have ever made!"~Larry Forbes

Thus the name: Adele's 'Killer' Sweet & Sour Bean Salad...by Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment