About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

OLD-FASHIONED DOUBLE-CRUST APPLE PIE

For some odd reason visions of apple pie have been meandering through my poor ol' brain this entire day. I kept trying to slap them away but one by one they marched right through my brain and into my subconscious, so I finely decided that the best way to beat them was to join them. So here it is....Enjoy!

Pastry for double crust 9-inch pie
8 tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces

Fill pastry-lined pie shell with sliced apples. Mound them up high. Sprinkle with lemon juice and zest, sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter. Cover top with second pastry, use knife to make vents, seal and crimp rim. Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 60 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cool well before serving.
Yield: 8 slices

No comments:

Post a Comment