About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

MARASCHINO CHERRY BROWNIES

There is absolutely nothing quite like a maraschino brownie. The red jewels of the cherry fit into the double chocolate batter just like your hand fits into a satin glove....

2 c semisweet chocolate chips
1 jar maraschino cherries (reserve the juice)
1 stick butter
1 c sugar
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla shop
3 eggs, beaten
1 12 oz. bag chocolate chunks or pieces
1 to 2 Tbsp. reserved maraschino juice
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
2 Tbsp. butter

Drain the cherries, saving the juice for the icing.
Coarsely chop the cherries and set aside.
Melt the chocolate chips and butter in large saucepan; remove from heat.
Stir in flour, vanilla, baking powder, eggs and salt.
Stir in chocolate chunks and chopped cherries.

Spread into a 9x13 baking pan and bake about 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.

For icing, combine reserved cherry juice, icing sugar, and butter. Mix to form a glaze then drizzle over brownies decoratively.

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh, you're making me hungry. I just love cherries and chocolate. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your brownies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

    ReplyDelete