About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

AMAZING JALAPENO PIMIENTO CHEESE

"I Never Ever met a pimiento cheese that I did not like!"~ Adele Forbes....From Ruth's Famous Salad Dressing's, Pimiento Cheese Spread, to this rockin' hot and savory version of down home Southern comfort, just place it in front of me and I will eat it. I love it just plain on a spoon or in a sandwich or on top of a cracker or lying snug as a bug in a rug on a spear of celery....just bring it on!
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
1/4 cup Duke's mayonnaise
2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno juice
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
2 (7oz.) jars diced pimiento, drained
12 oz. jar roasted red bell pepper, chopped and drained
In bowl of electric mixer combine cream cheese, jalapenos, mayonnaise and pepper juice. Stir in cheeses, pimientos and bell peppers. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Yield 6 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment