About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

LIGHT AS A CLOUD LEMON SAUCE

This wonderfully tart lemon sauce would be a lively accompaniment to angel food cake, gingerbread or pound cake.

1 stick butter~only butter will do
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice~strained
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon zest

Melt butter in saucepan (not aluminum) over low heat. Blend eggs, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch in a blender. Add to melted butter and cook on low heat, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture is thick and bubbly, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon zest. Serve warm or cold.
Yield: 2 cups...keeps a long time...if it lasts that long. 

"When life gives you lemons, make lemon sauce."~Adele Forbes

2 comments:

  1. Sounds heavenly cuz :) I love your new digs!!I can't wait to come back and play some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by...I haven't been cooking alot because its just the two of us and I am following a low carb lifestyle as well...but I'll be back at work in about a month and cooking up a storm, so I hope to have more great recipes and pictures then to share!

    ReplyDelete