About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

WW TACO SOUP

My daughter Joielle shared this recipe with me and I simply adore it. It is power-packed with fiber from three beans and corn, and spiced with taco seasoning, Hidden Valley Ranch dressing and green chiles. 1 cup has only 2 points value. This makes a big pot full so I make 1 1/2 cup freezer bags of it and that way I can have some of it whenever I want it. Be sure and use the lowest fat ground round you can find.

1 lb. (93/7) ground beef or round
1 can chili beans-undrained
1 can pinto beans-undrained
1 can kidney beans-drained
1 10oz. can corn with bell peppers
2 8oz. cans chopped green chiles
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
water as needed to cover

Bring to a boil and allow to simmer until heated through and flavors have had time to blend, about 20 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment