About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHIFFON PIE

Slice into this pie, take a bite, and savor the rich, warm flavors of fall.....

1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup water
3 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups cooked mashed butternut squash
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 baked 9-inch pastry shell
Whipped Cream

Soften gelatin in water; set aside. Beat egg yolks. Combine squash, gelatin, egg yolks, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and milk in top of a double boiler. Cook over boiling water, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated. Chill until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon.
Beat egg whites (at room temp) until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into squash mixture, spoon into pastry shell. Chill several hours until firm. Garnish with whipped cream.
1 9-inch pie

No comments:

Post a Comment