About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

QUICK CARAMEL CAKE

You cannot begin to imagine just how good this cake is. A white cake mix is what makes it quick and easy. Enjoy!

1 pkg. plain white cake mix
1 cup whole milk
1 stick butter-melted
3 big eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 9-inch pans. Beat all ingredients. Pour in pan. Bake 30 minutes. cool 10 minutes. Remove and cool. Frost with:

QUICK CARAMEL FROSTING

1 stick butter
1/2 cup each of light and dark brown sugars
1/4 cup whole milk
2 cups confectioners sugar-sifted
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Place butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir and cook until it comes to a boil. Add milk and bring back to boil. Remove from heat. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Frost cake between layers, top and sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment