About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

PUMPKIN MUFFINS with ORANGE GLAZE

This is one of my all-time favorite pumpkin muffin recipes! They are moist and delicious and will soon be dancing a spicy jig over your taste buds.

1 15oz. can unsweetened pumpkin
1 cup canola oil
3 cups sugar
3 big eggs
3 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon each of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup each of chopped walnuts and raisins
cooking spray

Beat pumpkin through cloves together at low speed of electric mixer until blended. Stir in nuts and raisins. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into lightly sprayed muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before glazing.

ORANGE GLAZE

1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts

Stir together first 3 ingredients; add walnuts. Spoon over muffins.
Makes 3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment