About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SPICY CORN CASSEROLE

3 corns make you want to get up and dance to the beat of a different drummer in this down-home casserole...it cooks long and slow until hot and golden...Enjoy!

1 large sweet onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 (10oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 (16oz.) can whole kernal yellow corn, drained
1 (16oz.) white shoepeg corn, drained
1 (160z) cream-stule corn

Saute onion in butter until tender and a little golden in color. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well. Transfer to a glass baking dish and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Place in cold oven and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours until bubbly and browned.
Serves 8

"I never met a corn casserole I didn't like."~Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment